Property Division and Bankruptcy Issues in Florida
Faculty Member:Ginger L. Dugan, Florida Family Lawyer
Facilitator: Diana Shepherd, CDFA, Editorial Director and Co-Founder of Divorce Magazine
When assets and debts must be divided in a divorce, there are many issues that may come up. When a spouse files for bankruptcy, it can have an impact on the division process. Ginger L. Dugan discusses everything divorcing Floridians need to know about property division and bankruptcy. More
Ginger L. Dugan, attorney at All Family Law Group, P.A. practices all areas of family law including divorce, child custody and child modifications. With over 10 years of experience, Ginger has won awards and accolades in her field, and is a fierce advocate for her clients.
What you will learn from this podcast session: “Property Division and Bankruptcy Issues in Florida”
This session will discuss:
- what an equitable distribution state means
- the difference between marital property and separate property
- how joint debts are divided in a Florida divorce
- what a person can do to prevent their spouse from trying to sell marital property before the divorce is final
- whether or not premarital or prenuptial agreements override normal property division rules
- what happens when a spouse moves out of the marital home and whether or not they are still obligated to pay rent, mortgage, and other bills associated with the home
- how to stay protected against mortgage debt post-divorce
- whether or not a spouse is entitled to a portion of their spouse’s business after a divorce
- the effects of bankruptcy on alimony, child support, and division of marital assets and debts.
MariaPosted at 17:18h, 20 May
Hi i wanted to know my daughter was never married and had a child but know what she wants is full custody how can she do that the father was paying child support but stopped
LynettePosted at 14:35h, 31 May
We would need more information on your situation as to where you are living as we only represent clients in the Tampa Bay area. Please call us at 813-672-1900 to discuss it further. Thanks!