Is My Ex Crazy or Just a Jerk? Handling a Difficult Ex-Spouse 2
Faculty Member: Dr. Mark Banschick
Facilitator: Diana Shepherd, CDFA®, Editorial Director and Co-Founder of Divorce Magazine
Dr. Mark Banschick is a medical doctor, an expert witness on custody cases, and the author of The Intelligent Divorce books. While writing the two books, he created names for the ten most common types of Difficult Ex-Spouse – from Victim to Narcissist to Control Freak. In Part 1 of this two-part podcast, he talked about how to identify and cope with the first five types; in this podcast, he will talk about the dealing with the last five types of Difficult Ex-Spouse on his list. If you haven’t already listened to Part 1, we suggest you do so before diving into Part 2. More
Dr. Mark Banschick is a medical doctor with training in child, adolescent and adult psychiatry at Georgetown University and New York-Presbyterian Medical Centers. After serving as an expert witness in custody cases, Dr. Mark Banschick felt a calling to help families face the challenges of divorce with less expense and heartache. His Intelligent Divorce books guide parents during this stressful time in their lives.
What you’ll learn from this podcast on “Is My Ex Crazy, or Just a Jerk: Handling a Difficult Ex-Spouse (Part 2)”
This podcast will discuss:
- The 10 common types of Difficult Ex-Spouse
- Techniques for handling the last five types of Difficult Ex-Spouse during and after divorce
- What you should know if your ex is an emotional teenager in an adult’s body
- A discussion of the type everyone loves to hate: The Narcissist. Whether or not your ex-spouse fits the full clinical description of this personality disorder, if he/she displays a lot of the traits, Dr. Banschick offers advice about handling this type of extraordinarily Difficult Ex-Spouse
- How to keep a domineering ex-spouse from continuing to try to control you – and the kids – during and after divorce
- Last but certainly not least is the overly-suspicious ex-spouse. Dr. Banschick provides coping strategies and tips for dealing with this type of Difficult Ex-Spouse.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.