Is My Ex Crazy or Just a Jerk? Handling a Difficult Ex 1
Faculty Member: Dr. Mark Banschick
Facilitator: Diana Shepherd, CDFA®, Editorial Director and Co-Founder of Divorce Magazine
Dr. Mark Banschick, a medical doctor, child psychiatrist, and the author of The Intelligent Divorce book series. While writing the books, he identified 10 common types of Difficult Ex – including The Denier, The Victim, and The Addict – and he’s here today to talk about how to spot and cope with the first five types. More
Dr. Mark Banschick is a medical doctor with training in child, adolescent and adult psychiatry at Georgetown University and New York-Presbyterian Medical Centers. After serving as an expert witness in custody cases, Dr. Mark Banschick felt a calling to help families face the challenges of divorce with less expense and heartache. His Intelligent Divorce books guide parents during this stressful time in their lives.
What you’ll learn from this podcast session on “Is My Ex Crazy, or Just a Jerk: Handling a Difficult Ex (Part 1)”
This session will discuss:
- Why people change during divorce.
- The 10 common types of Difficult Ex
- Techniques for handling the first five types of Difficult Ex during and after divorce
- How you can guard against parental alienation when your co-parent is a Difficult Ex
- Whether it’s possible to co-parent with someone who is in the grip of an addiction – maybe someone who isn’t even admitting they have a problem.