How to Help Children Cope with Divorce
Faculty Member: Terry Gaspard, MSW, LICSW, licensed therapist, author, college instructor, and owner of Moving Past Divorce
Facilitator: Cathy Meyer, Master Certified Coach, Certified Legal Investigator and Marriage Enrichment Coach
This podcast covers a range of issues pertaining to parenting after divorce – including how better parenting promotes healthy adjustment for children after divorce. Learn strategies to help you co-parent more effectively, especially after an adversarial divorce. If you want to learn how to help your child cope with your divorce, then this session is for you. More
Terry Gaspard is a licensed therapist, author, college instructor, and owner of Moving Past Divorce. She specializes in divorce and women’s issues. Terry is the author of Daughters of Divorce and is a contributor to Huffington Post, DivorcedMoms.com, and Divorcemagazine.com. You can follow her here: Twitter, Facebook.
This session will:
- examine common problems parents face when co-parenting after divorce
- provide useful strategies for parenting and co-parenting after divorce
- discuss the differences in how boys and girls handle a parent’s divorce
- offer advice on parallel parenting after a high-conflict divorce
- advise viewers on how to handle long-distance co-parenting
- explore whether children should be able to choose which parent to live with.