Child Custody in Florida
Faculty Member: Ginger L. Dugan, Florida Family Lawyer
Facilitator: Diana Shepherd, CDFA®, Editorial Director and Co-Founder of Divorce Magazine
In a divorce, parents will either have to negotiate a custody agreement or agree to a court judgment. In this podcast, family lawyer Ginger L. Dugan discusses questions that are frequently asked by parents who are dealing with issues related to child custody in Florida. More
Ginger L. Dugan, attorney at All Family Law Group, P.A. practices all areas of family law including divorce, child custody, and child modifications. With over 10 years of experience, Ginger has won awards and accolades in her field, and is a fierce advocate for her clients.
This session will discuss:
- how a court decides where the children will live in a divorce
- what shared parental responsibility is and whether it’s the same thing as joint custody
- different types of custody arrangements available for divorcing parents
- what sole parental responsibility means and whether or not it’s a possibility is there’s a lot of conflict between parents
- if a parent can move out of Florida if a divorce has not been finalized
- at what age a child can decide who they want to live with
- how a stepparent can gain the rights to stay in their stepchild’s life
- whether or not a parent can appeal a judge’s decision.