Legal Issues Pertaining to Children During and After Divorce
Faculty Member: Nissa M. Ricafort, Parenting Coordinator and Family Law Group Partner
Facilitator: Dan Couvrette, CEO and Publisher of Divorce Magazine & DivorcedMoms.com
During and after a divorce, the most common legal issues couples face are related to children. Coming to an agreement on child support, child custody, and visitation can be difficult when emotions are running high. Family lawyer Nissa M. Ricafort discusses what parents should keep in mind regarding children and divorce. More
Nissa M. Ricafort is one of the three founding partners of Broyles Kight & Ricafort, P.C. As an experienced Indianapolis family law attorney, Nissa has assisted families through difficult transitions, including high-conflict custody proceedings, international custody disputes, and child support disputes.
What you will learn from this podcast session on “Legal Issues Pertaining to Children During and After Divorce”
This session will:
- discuss how couples can decide whether sole custody or joint custody is best for their family
- outline the difference between joint legal custody and joint physical custody
- address the possibility of resolving child-custody disputes without high emotional and financial costs
- explain what a parenting coordinator does and how one can help divorcing couples who have children
- define Guardian ad Litem
- outline the steps to creating a co-parenting plan
- discuss the Child Support Guidelines
- examine how custody arrangements can affect child support
- address what a parent can do when the other parent removes the child from the state or country without consent
- explain how paternity is determined and how results can affect custody
- discuss the custody and visitation rights grandparents and stepparents may have.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.