Gender Bias in Custody in Family CourtFaculty Member: Cathy Meyer, Master Certified Coach (MCC), Certified Legal Investigator and Marriage Enrichment Coach
Facilitator: Dan Couvrette, CEO and Publisher of Divorce Magazine and DivorcedMoms.com
A look at the idea that there is gender bias in custody in the family court system. What divorce statistics say about such a bias and what fathers can do to protect themselves in court and remain bonded with their children after divorce. More
Cathy Meyer‘s main focus is to help create positive change for those experiencing divorce. Since 2007 Cathy has been the About.com expert for Divorce. She writes and edits their Divorce Support vertical which has 1,100,000 pageviews a month. She is also the Managing Editor of DivorcedMoms.com. She has blogged for the Huffington Post and appeared on several Huffington Post Live segments.
This session will:
- cover statistics related to gender bias in custody in family court
- offer opinions from the perspective of both genders
- discuss the importance of divorced fathers in their children’s lives
- address what fathers can do if they feel they have been treated unfairly in court
- encourage divorced fathers to take steps needed to remain an equal parent after divorce
- Cathy and Dan both share their own experiences with custody and parenting after divorce
- identify behaviors and common mistakes for divorced and divorcing parents to avoid
- address the effects of these common mistakes on children
- help you handle conflict, frustration, and differing co-parenting styles
- share some of the secrets to successful co-parenting
- offer a list of critical questions to ask yourself before making any decisions regarding divorce and parenting
- discuss what divorced parents should keep in mind when dating after divorce.
A gift for you from Divorce Magazine – Men’s Divorce Guide
Dan Couvrette would like to offer you a free download of Men’s Divorce Guide, published by Divorce Magazine. This Guide has hand-selected articles and book excerpts by divorce professionals that focus exclusively on men’s divorce issues. We encourage you to download the Men’s Divorce Guide and hope you will use it to help you safely and successfully make it through your divorce.