Litigation vs. Mediation: Which Should You Choose? Part 1
Faculty Member: Marta J. Papa, Divorce Attorney and Mediator
Facilitator: Diana Shepherd, CDFA®, Editorial Director and Co-Founder of Divorce Magazine
Before a couple can finalize their divorce, decisions must be made regarding child custody and support, alimony, assets, and any other divorce-related issues. Divorce-related disputes can be settled through litigation or mediation, but a couple must first decide which process will work best for them.
Marta J. Papa, a.k.a. the Divorce Whisperer®, is a highly reputable divorce lawyer and mediator who is considered an authority on mediation nationwide. With more than 25 years of experience in mediation, litigation, and settlement negotiations, she has successfully completed thousands of litigated and mediated divorces. More
What you will learn from this podcast session on “Litigation vs. Mediation: Which Should You Choose? Part 1”
This session will:
- explore the main differences between divorce litigation and mediation.
- discuss the difference in cost between divorce litigation and mediation.
- offer a list of the benefits of mediation.
- describe what makes a divorcing couple ideal candidates for mediation.
- address cases where litigation would be a better option than mediation.
- explain whether there always a trial, or whether it is possible to settle out of court when using litigation to resolve divorce-related issues.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.