Divorce Do’s and Don’ts for Business Owners and High-Net-Worth Individuals
Faculty Member: Marta J. Papa, Divorce Attorney and Mediator
Facilitator: Dan Couvrette, CEO and Publisher of Divorce Magazine, Family Lawyer Magazine, and DivorcedMoms.com
Whether you are a business owner or have a high net worth, there are special considerations you must keep in mind when going through a divorce. In this podcast, divorce attorney and mediator Marta J. Papa outlines some do’s and don’ts – including keeping your financial information private and hiring the right experts to handle your divorce. More
Marta J. Papa, a.k.a. the Divorce Whisperer®, is a highly reputable divorce lawyer and mediator who is considered an authority on mediation nationwide. With more than 25 years of experience in mediation, litigation, and settlement negotiations, she has successfully completed thousands of litigated and mediated divorces.
What you will learn from this podcast session: “Divorce Do’s and Don’ts for Business Owners and High-Net-Worth Individuals”
This session will discuss:
- special considerations for high-asset divorces and individuals who own a business
- the importance of keeping personal and business financial information private
- ways to protect the privacy of your financial information
- the challenges of business owners who get divorced
- how it’s possible to not have to sell a business during a divorce
- the importance of getting friends, relatives, and the public on your side when divorcing as a business owner
- why you shouldn’t use your company’s accountant to value the business
- other tips that will benefit business owners, high-net-worth individuals, and their spouses.