My Ex Is Crazy! Tips for Handling Divorce and Co-Parenting with a High-Conflict Ex-Spouse
Facilitator: Diana Shepherd, CDFA®, Editorial Director and Co-Founder of Divorce Magazine
These days, everyone involved in a difficult divorce thinks their ex has a personality disorder – such as Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, or Antisocial Personality Disorder. Find out how to determine whether or not your ex-spouse has a personality disorder and how to handle divorce and co-parenting when conflict is involved. More
Megan L. Hunter is the CEO of Unhooked Media – a company focused on relationship and conflict resolution through print, digital, and the spoken word. She is the co-founder of the High Conflict Institute and currently serves on the Advisory Board of the Personality Disorder Awareness Network.
What you will learn from this video session: “My Ex Is Crazy! Tips for Handling Divorce and Co-Parenting with a High-Conflict Ex-Spouse”
This session will:
- discuss the most common personality disorders in divorce
- explain how one can tell whether or not their ex is suffering from a personality disorder
- offer tips and strategies for dealing with a difficult ex
- share with viewers how to guard against parental alienation
- provide advice on how to yourself from engaging when triggered by an ex-spouse
- discuss how to set boundaries and handle communication with a high-conflict ex
- address the ways one can recover after a long divorce process with a difficult ex.
JohnPosted at 09:07h, 11 May
My ex has been diagnosed as bi-polar, hospitalized on several occasions. She out of the blue, stopped allowing my parenting time, I have had my 2 oldest boys call when they have the chance, while I am grateful of that, they speak of her showing favoritism to my daughters, and overly punishing my sons, even becoming physical. I am feeling great concern for their well-being. I’m also afraid that this will affect their self-confidence in the years to come, I am at my wit’s end, I cannot afford a lawyer, i have 5 kids I pay child support on, plus alimony, plus what I have to to survive. I don’t know what to do.