Faculty Member: Dianne Nolin, CFP®, CDP, First Vice President and Wealth Manager at Blisk Financial Group
Facilitator: Diana Shepherd, CDFA®, Editorial Director and Co-Founder of Divorce Magazine
Sometimes a divorce attorney is not enough. As soon as divorce papers are filed, it’s time to start planning for your future, keeping your financial well-being in mind. Dianne Nolin, who works with clients during and after a separation or divorce, outlines the benefits of involving a financial expert in the divorce process. More
Dianne Nolin is a Certified Financial Planner and Certified Divorce Planner with more than 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. The mother-of-three’s expertise encompasses the unique planning and retirement needs of widows, divorcees, and business owners. Dianne works one-on-one to create distinctive financial plans and strategies to make her clients’ individual long-term financial goals and dreams a reality.
This session will discuss:
- the benefits of involving a financial planner in the divorce process
- when a financial planner gets involved
- the value a financial expert brings
- what you can expect from the divorce financial planning process
- the primary focus in divorce financial planning
- how divorce financial planning differs from traditional financial planning
- common financial mistakes divorcing individuals make
- useful financial tips.
From child support to alimony, to property division – it all comes down to money. In many cases, hiring a financial professional is a necessity. John P. Cito, a CDFA and financial advisor, answers the most common questions he hears from couples going through a divorce. More
When a spouse files for bankruptcy, it can have an impact on the division process. Ginger L. Dugan discusses everything divorcing Floridians need to know about property division and bankruptcy. More