Faculty Member: Mandy Walker, Divorce Coach and Mediator
Facilitator: Cathy Meyer, Master Certified Coach, Certified Legal Investigator and Marriage Enrichment Coach
Mandy Walker and Cathy Meyer discuss outdated myths about marriage and divorce that keep people stuck and unable to move forward after divorce. Are you a failure because your marriage ended? Is society putting rules on the concept of marriage and divorce that are unreasonable? Listen to Mandy and Cathy discuss how society’s views on both play into our guilt and regret after divorce. More
As a divorce coach and mediator Mandy Walker’s mission is to help men and women end their relationships with dignity and respect so they don’t feel they’re going through divorce alone, so they’ll understand the process and their options and so they can feel confident in the decisions they’re making. For more about Mandy, go to SinceMyDivorce.com.
This session will:
- discuss the difference between a marriage failing and a marriage ending
- emphasize how divorce doesn’t define who you are. It’s a life experience that doesn’t have to define you negatively
- explain how every relationship has a beginning, a middle and an end – we just don’t know when the end will be
- share how your family may look a little different now but you are still a family
- discuss how we all have a fundamental right to be happy, to be content – it’s not frivolous, it’s not selfish, it isn’t selfish to leave a marriage if those rights aren’t being met.
Learn how to overcome the feelings of shame that often accompany divorce. Tara shares her personal story as a child of divorce who eventually married and divorced. She has a unique perspective on what causes shame after a divorce and how to reduce feelings of shame. More
Stress levels increase when one starts considering divorce, going through a divorce, or having to co-parent with an unreasonable ex. How we handle stress and anxiety can impact our children and loved ones, so it’s important to understand the underlying causes of these emotions and how to stay in control. More
Terry Gaspard and Cathy Meyer discuss a range of issues pertaining to parenting after divorce and, how better parenting promotes healthy adjustment for children after divorce. Terry offers strategies parents can use to help them co-parent more effectively, especially after an adversarial divorce. Want to learn how you, as a parent, can use parenting skills to help your child cope with your divorce? This video is for you. More